Okay, so it’s not REALLY 4 in the morning, but it is 1 in the morning and I’m still awake. Eric is off playing Magic with his buddies (only down the street) and I’m awake! I’ll probably fall asleep as soon as I hit the pillow, but for now – I feel like playing another ‘music game’. Deal with it!
Here’s the deal:
Grab your mp3, music player, whatever and hit shuffle. List the first five or so songs that play, then tell a little something about each. NO CHEATING, which means no skipping over the embarrassing stuff or picking only the songs you like the most. I don’t care if you have Ice Ice Baby.
Okay, I think I’ll go for 20 songs, just cuz I’m in that kinda mood. Ready, Set, Shuffle….
1. We’ve Only Just Begun – The Carpenters: What can I say – my parents were products of the 50’s. I grew up listening to music like this. Can I help it that I grew fond of some of these songs?
2. C’est La Vie – Shania Twain: “Must be Monday, what a dumb day. Can’t drag my butt out of bed!” LOVE IT! For whatever reason this song can actually change stupid Monday’s or Wednesday’s or Friday’s….You get the picture.
3. Cathy’s Clown – Reba McEntire: I like Reba period. I also liked this song when I first heard it eons ago, but really love Reba’s rendition.
4. The Entertainer – Billy Joel: Another artist that got burned into my head as a kid. He’s a talented guy as well, I respect that!
5. Sandy – Annie Soundtrack: I have a fondness for musicals – sue me!
6. Just Another Day In Paradise – Phil Vassar: Story of my life. Seriously!
7. California Dreamin’ – The Mamas and The Papas: Loved this song ever since I first heard it. Plus, I’ve felt this way a lot!
8. Always Something There To Remind Me – ????: Ummm, yeah – not sure. Just like this song.
9. Ticket To Ride – The Beatles: It’s THE BEATLES – forget what they’re singing. If they’re singing it’s all good!
10. As Long As You’re There – Glee Cast: I’m a sucker for romance ballads.
11. My Life Would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson: Well it would!!!
12. Valleri – The Monkees: One of the first tapes I owned. HAHAHA! Had to get the songs on CD just for the sake of childhoold memories!
13. Ventura Highway – America: Dang! My parents really messed me up! 😉
14. Last Christmas – Darren Hayes: One of my favorite CONTEMPORARY Christmas songs. I have Christmas songs on my computer year round cause it’s a pain to take them off and put them on every year!
15. Can’t Buy Me Love – The Beatles: Told you it’s the friekin’ BEATLES!!!
16. The Heart Won’t Lie – Reba McEntire: Well, it doesn’t now, does it?
17. It Did – Brad Paisley: Man, I wish my man was as well ‘spoken’ as Brad. He seems like the sweetest guy and yes, life just keeps getting better!
18. Young And Proud – Ace of Base: Dunno…I really liked them when I was younger…
19. Leavin – Jesse McCartney: This songs just makes me laugh! He’s so callin’ out the other guy!
20. I Wish I Were The Rain – SHeDAISY: Describes feelings perfectly. It’s embarrassing to cry at certain times, but if you were the rain it wouldn’t matter WHEN you cried!
And there you have it. My totally useless ramblings for early mornings when smarter people are in bed, SLEEPING!