So, I decided I wanted to do another 30 day challenge. (One of these days I’m going to get it done EVERY DAY – LOL) Anyway, the original challenge I had decided on was a photo challenge, and while I liked that okay – I wanted something more. I then ran across this and I’ve decided it’s more ‘my thing.’
This challenge is more word oriented than picture oriented. I figure since this is my journal I need to open up a bit more. Some of these shall be difficult to actually put out there, but it may help in some ways.
– Day 01: Something you’re looking forward to this year.
– Day 02: Something you regret not having done last year.
– Day 03: Something with which you struggle.
– Day 04: Something that is part of your routine that you enjoy.
– Day 05: Something in life that gives you balance.
– Day 06: Something that excites you and fills you with joy.
– Day 07: Something that you need to forgive yourself for.
– Day 08: Someone that made your life difficult.
– Day 09: Your views on alcohol/drugs.
– Day 10: Something at which you’ve been a champion or the best.
– Day 11: Something about which people seem to compliment you.
– Day 12: Something you hope to change about yourself and why.
– Day 13: Discuss some of the things on your bucket list.
– Day 14: Someone who has made your life worth living.
– Day 15: A band/musical artist whose music impacted your life.
– Day 16: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
– Day 17: Someone with whom you shared a friendship/relationship that simply drifted out of your life.
– Day 18: Someone you met randomly that’s made an impact on your life.
– Day 19: Something that shook your belief system to its core (a big disappointment in your life).
– Day 20: Discuss your favorite movie and why it’s so special to you.
– Day 21: Write about your best friend (not significant other) and what makes them special.
– Day 22: Describe a dark/turbulent moment in your life.
– Day 23: Describe a truly spiritual moment in your life.
– Day 24: Discuss a spontaneous moment in your life that that turned out to be fantastic.
– Day 25: Discuss something you planned that ended up not being what you expected.
– Day 26: How do you handle/deal with both success and failure?
– Day 27: What is your vocation (why are you here on earth)?
– Day 28: What is your biggest dream in life (what one great thing do you want to accomplish)?
– Day 29: What WAS your biggest dream in life (you wanted to do as a kid but no longer can)?
– Day 30: Someone in your family that means so much to you.
– Day 31: Epilogue: Write a letter to yourself.
So DAY 1: SOMETHING YOU’RE LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR
To be honest, most everything I was looking forward to this year has already happened. That’s kind of a bummer when it’s only 7 months into the year.
If I have to choose something though it would probably be Christmas. I really enjoy the Christmas season and wish I was a better planner. I tend to make the week of Christmas really stressful and busy for me as I put off getting gifts together.
I enjoy the gifts I usually make – but when I put it off, it gets stressful. I need to be better this year so that I can really enjoy my kids and husband during that wonderful time of the year. Perhaps it’ll help Eric’s mood as well. Perhaps it’ll also allow us to focus on others around us that may need the Spirit of Christmas in their lives.